Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Aaaaaaaaaaand We're Back!!!

Okay! We are back ladies and gentlemen. In case you haven't noticed, I have been gone for awhile. Let's just say that things are a little bit different since I received the news about my original application!



Yes that is the same person you are looking at. With some hard work, Zumba Classes and all around discipline, I have lost enough weight for the Korean government not to skip over my application. I had my interview with EPIK (English Program in Korea) and PASSED! During the interview, I felt confident and that I did well, but let's say that the three days waiting for the confirmation that I passed was a nightmare.

Once I received the email about passing the interview, it was another session of waiting about where I would be placed. Placement is key. Once you have been told that you are placed in a Ministry of Education (MOE) or Province of Education (POE), you are essentially going.

On that fateful December night in 2013, I received the most thrilling news: I HAD BEEN PLACED FOR DAEGU, SOUTH KOREA. My heart was nearly in my throat. I cannot believe this. I have been working for so hard, for so long. The blood, sweat and tears that it took to get this point had been so immense. I am so proud that the Korean government and more importantly the city of Daegu have taken me on as their Guest English Teacher. I am so thrilled to be embarking on this new adventure.



The one thing that I am both accepting and working through this whole process is that patience is necessary. If anyone wants to teach for the Korea government, realize that their "timelines" are merely a suggestion or approximation. There have been many times where either my recruiter and/or the government has said that a certain timeline is when certain events (placement, NOA issuance, etc.) will be at a certain time. Well you can forget most timelines. I completely understand that this is not all their fault. They are constantly slammed with applications, interviews, documents and so much more. But for me, and more importantly, the people who are counting on information from me so they can make their decisions, are needing consistency. As I write this blog, I am still on the edge of my seat waiting for my Notice of Appointment so that I can go to Seattle to apply for my E-2 Visa. Once that is booked and done, I will be purchasing a plane ticket and be ready to go!


Well that is enough for one post. I will have you up to date the minute I find out where my contract is and when it shall be coming. Stay Tuned.........




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...